Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:34 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

To Bill (Bill404) and Matt Miller,

Thanks for helping me on my H21SE prep, repair, etc. First sail yesterday was nothing short of awesome. A bit worn out today...15+ knot, steady winds sailing in Galveston bay off the Texas City dike. We laughed until it hurt. Most of the time we had one hull barely in water and were flying a lot of the time. Very stable, very fast (to me), and predictable/comfortable. My buddy Steve is an experienced mono racer and sails a H16; good mentor. Talk about hooked!

All my mods and repairs worked, thanks to the help i got between here and thebeachcats. Bill took a lot of time to answer stupid questions and Matt answered questions/provided info. that no other manufacturer rep I know of would do for a 30 year old boat that's been out of production about that long.

My first catamaran, BTW and don't regret it one bit. Not something you just take and throw in the water for a quick spin, but something to take to the beach and have an absolute blast for the day with friends/family. The other cats probably thought we were nuts... Spent about 2 hours doing final set up for the first sail, and i had to explain to Jane (I think that was her name) why we were bringing the mast back down... Something about needing to attach a jib halyard first. Doh! my job-fail. Added another half hour... All good in the end.

Thanks again guys,

Chuck

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:21 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Please bring that boat to Fort Walton Yacht Yacht Club this September for the 50/50 Around the Island
September 21 - 22, 2019. :wink:

Get there early and sail in The 29th Annual
Juana Good Time Regatta is
Sept 6, 7 & 8, 2019.

I am hoping Tom and Joe and Rick will be there with their 21's along with mine... :D

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:05 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Possible; no promises, but possible... Hurricane season, though??? We're already talking about hauling it to Fla...