Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Glue Problems - iTrek 9
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:48 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi,

I recently purchased 2 iTrek 9 Kayaks from your official dealer/distributor here in Thailand.

I have owned 4 other iTrek 11's in the past and have been very happy with them - in fact several friends have also purchased similiar Kayaks based on how much they enjoyed using these.

We purchased the iTrek 9's in January - and as soon as we inflated the second one - all the glued on parts (seat, rutted, handles etc) started falling off. The first one was Ok. We contacted Siam Watersports and they immediately offered to replace the faulty kayak.

The replacement arrived a few weeks later - but it was quite dirty and when we started to assemble it we noticed that the attachment point for the rudder was glued on upside down - so was not usable. I notified the dealer - but we were off on a trip. We left both Kayaks inflated and on the back of our sailing boat. A few days later we noticed that both Kayaks had deflated - and in fact the seam had come apart on both kayaks.

I contacted the dealer - explained what had happened and requested to return both Kayaks and get a refund. I was concerned that prehaps they had had some very old stock that had somehow
deteriated in there warehouse.

I shipped both Kayaks back to the dealer in mid-March.

I was told that I would get a full refund a few weeks ago.

Yesterday - I was told that "the factory has said that due to unforeseen circumstances they cannot uphold the standard warranty conditions". They offered to replace the iTrek 9's with iTrek 11s - however I would much prefer the smaller iTrek 9's - or my cash back - so I can purchase else where.

I would appreciate if someone can provide some support to get this matter resolved. I find it hard to belive that Hobie would be OK with this dealers approach to this issue.

Thanks

Phil