Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

It looks as my front hatch housing completely broke right at the edge where it glues to the kayak at the bottom seam and about quarter of the top circle. Has anyone had this replaced and how was the repair attempted ( old assembly unglued and removed or new hatch glued to the bottom of the old one where the old part was still attached to the seam. Kayak is out of warranty but the local dealer would create a repair ticket and Hobie was kind enough to look into it and provide repairs once I ship it to their facility in CA. I guess I'm trying to see if this repair is possible and worth paying for the shipping or should I find someone local to do this and work with the existing broken hatch material. I don't want to ship this all the way to CA to find out they can't do it.
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My 2007 I14T has a similar problem:
A crack in the front hatch frame directly above the hatch between the hinges leading to the right and left horizontal to the PVC hull. On the inside of the hatch frame the flange fixing the keel tube is broken away.

Is there any repair method? Unfortunately I´m located in Germany.
If not, does anybody know the material of the hatch frame? Then I´m maybe able to find a proper glue.

Thanks