Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Aloha everyone!

I bought a used TI a few months back. I've noticed that when I go sailing on it, especially when sitting in the front seat, my hair gets wet. I hate that! It takes me a long time to get my hair "just right" in case there are cuties around. But by the time I get back to the shore, my carefully coiffed hair it a TOTAL MESS! I don't like hair spray. I tried using a hair net, but it changes the shape of my full head of hair. This is not optimal at all.

Question: Does Hobie make a plastic bubble that can completely cover the rider? Kind of like the "Cone of Silence" in the old "Get Smart" series?

Thanks,

TC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:02 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

maybe a good old fashion umbrella hat, then when going downwind you can tilt your head forward and have more sail area!

2018 AI2- Dune

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:39 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I hate hats, so, I wear a NFL Chargers visor... The visor will not flatten your hair and you still get sun protection.
I also saw on some other posts that Hobie is releasing Dodgers (sp?) -- which is kind of a half dome bullet tent that covers your body.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just checked to see who has a sense of humor.

Btw, you are positively cruel for mocking my hair.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

tcul wrote:
Just checked to see who has a sense of humor.

Btw, you are positively cruel for mocking my hair.

How's this ? "We have hair, so, we should be proudly displaying it, no matter how messed up it is" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

tcul wrote:
Aloha everyone!

I bought a used TI a few months back. I've noticed that when I go sailing on it, especially when sitting in the front seat, my hair gets wet. I hate that! It takes me a long time to get my hair "just right" in case there are cuties around. But by the time I get back to the shore, my carefully coiffed hair it a TOTAL MESS! I don't like hair spray. I tried using a hair net, but it changes the shape of my full head of hair. This is not optimal at all. I am also considering using my Silver & Grey Durag I got from Australia, you can see them when you click here.

Question: Does Hobie make a plastic bubble that can completely cover the rider? Kind of like the "Cone of Silence" in the old "Get Smart" series?

Thanks,

TC

I can certainly understand wanting to keep your hair looking good, especially when there are cuties around! I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the wet hair. Unfortunately, Hobie does not make any type of plastic bubble that would completely cover the rider. However, there are a few different options you could explore to help keep your hair dry.

One option is to wear a waterproof hat such as a wide-brimmed sun hat, a baseball cap with a wide brim, or a waterproof beanie. A hat like this will help keep the majority of your hair dry, though it might not protect your hair from getting wet if you are taking on a lot of spray.

Another option would be to invest in a good quality waterproof spray jacket. The spray jacket will provide you with more coverage than the hat and will help keep your hair dry while you are out on the water.

Lastly, you could look into getting a spray skirt. This is usually used in kayaking and will provide a waterproof barrier between you and the water. This could be a great option for you if you don't want to wear a hat or a spray jacket.

I hope this helps and that you find a solution that works for you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I can only imagine you are new to sailing?

Getting your hair wet with the salty water and drying in the sun with give your hair streaks, which all of us sailors know drives the hottest cuties crazy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:14 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Iff you don’t want to get whet, don’t play with water!