Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:15 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I plan on taking my 2 adventure islands from Michigan down to Florida at the end of January. Transporting them in the back of my pickup truck with an extension support off of my trailer hitch. The question I have, in extrem cold weather can the movement or or anything cause the hulls to crack because them maybe being plastic and the weather being so cold? They don't get jostled around too much. They are packed tightly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

For best results when storing a kayak or other person-powered boat, you should definitely consider storing it inside. small boat is rain and snow collecting in the bottom of the hull or on the tarp.In the winter arctic people traveled across the frozen arctic either by foot or dog sled.The Inuit people made two types of boats: the kayak and the umiak.Many resources will help with your dissertation in progress, checking for style, clarity, word choice and tone. Custom essay writing service can fix all type of mistakes and transform your words into perfectly written work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:40 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I found that when driving from cold to warm, to check the straps every 10 degrees (or gas stop). Fabric straps and the plastic boats do not expand and contract at the same rate, so the straps may need to be adjusted (loosen or tighten) to prevent any boat damage. I also run with taut, but not over tight tie downs, with a safety bow or stern line, just to let the boat move a little and ride where it wants to be.

Microfiber towels zip-tied onto the strap can reduce the straps rubbing and marking up the hull.