Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

OK, does anyone on here have actual experience with a 45 or 55# thrust Minn Kota Power Drive V2 with I-pilot on the front or back of their Hobie 14 PA?
Just wondering if the weight of the motor hanging out over the bow wouid be too much weight out front? Or does the motor work better in the back. How hard is it to deploy the motor and retract it. I had a older Power Drive motor on a regular boat recently and it was hard to deploy it from the locking bracket. I just bought a used 14 PA that came with a Micro Power Pole and Torqeedo Evolve 2 motor, both great products but thinking the MK with I-pilot might suit my needs better. I fish mostly small to medium size reservoirs mainly for Bass, Northerns and Walleye and while the Evolve might work fine, I would like the use of Mirage Drive most of the time, and the motor to move me to a new area and the I-pilot to hold in a particular spot without anchoring. The Power Pole would work well in the shallows but most of the time I am in deeper water. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Anyone have any experience with this?? Hello? Found several vids and postings where guys had just done this mod but no one ever posted any follow-up on the results. Just trying to figure out if I can justify spending another $1000, or maybe selling the eVolve and buying a Torqeedo?, but I really like the I-pilot features on the MK.