Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:12 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm in the market for a new PA 14 but before I buy I would like to hear from any owners in the NE Atlanta area to ask questions and possibly check out one of these in person. I would also like to know if you purchased locally and what your experience was. I also have questions about rigging and accessories for fishing local bodies of water. I live in Tucker, GA, so if you're fairly close I'd appreciate your time, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:45 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Go to the hobie cat website. They can direct you to your nearest dealer. Then u can check them out. U might as well wait now though, unless u don't mind being outdated in 2 months when the 2017 boats come out.

St. Clair Flatts
St. Clair River and Channels
3x Michigan Master Angler Awards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

In two months I'll have been using the wonderful PA14 I bought last week for 2 months ... or you could be waiting for new model and sitting on living room couch ... waiting ... and watching youtube videos about people out enjoying their PA 14's.

Maybe you miss out on some new feature, but if it's THAT compelling, you sell you're gently used 2016 PA 14 and buy a new 2017 model ... but you'll have had 2 months on the water.

Just my thinking. Oh, and about looking up dealer? Heartily concur. Turns out a I had a dealer less that 20 minutes from my cabin, and I was happy to give them my business.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:49 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I would always go with a local Hobie dealer if one was within a reasonable driving distance. There's a lot to say about taking delivery of an "unpacked" kayak that is all set for you to use and inspected by the dealer versus getting one in a box that might have received damage due to shipping. Plenty of rigging setups in this forum if you look for them. Keep in mind that each year the price slowly creeps up on the PAs. So a 2016 would be a great choice fromt hat standpoint. Lots of spots to fish up in your area. Good luck with your purchase!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:21 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I think the OP is looking for Hobie dealer reviews. Some dealers have demo days where people get to take it out for a spin. For all I know a dealer close to you is on a lake and will let you drop by any day of the week to try one out. Calling dealers and google are a good approach too.

As for rigging there is this forum and a bunch of kayak fishing forums. A lot of the rigging is not platform dependent. Get it then figure out what you really want, some people put only a fishfinder on it.