Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:46 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Guys,

Brand new owner here still have not taken it out installed the landing gear last night. I have to say what a pain in the butt or arms really installing on the bigger PA14 but seems to work quite well. I just hope nothing happens as far as cracking the top as I have read earlier posts having issues with the 2017 camo version .

The only issue that I didn't really like is that when installing on the new PA 2017 it blocks the paddle holders , does anyone know if you can remove these bad boys ?

Also does anyone know of any adapters or mounts for the Hbar to hold my paddle ?

either way she works and rolls nice but damn this yak is bigggg

PIC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5eeqy ... sp=sharing

only other thing I am doing before taking it out is installing a hook 5 tonight !!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:07 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The "taco clip" paddle holder can be unscrewed and replaced with a screw-in padeye. I keep my fully assembled paddle alongside the hull, hanging from Surf To Summit Paddle Keepers (www.surftosummit.com/paddle-keepers-set ... th=199_257). They hang down from my H-Rail. When trailering, the paddle goes in the truck and the keepers are just flipped inboard. The only trouble with these is that in rough chop they will permit the paddle tip to dig into a wave, so then I rotate them inboard and the paddle rests inside the H-Rail.

Good luck on the maiden voyage. Let us know how it goes, especially getting over that dune!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:41 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for the input can't wait to get out there might not be till the weekend depending on the weather . I found these brackets for the H-rails which look nice too . What do you think a little $$$ but hey I spent this much already

Hobie-H-Rail-Railblaza
https://www.austinkayak.com/products/19 ... html?last=

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:33 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

New PA's come with two rod holders. I don't use them for rods but use them for my oar. Works great, easy access on and off. I only tie down one end of oar and rear end I have resting on LG leg, works great.....BTW I use both oars as on lonf one to propel me while standinng.