Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:54 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi guys thanks for any help in advance as I am totally out of commission right at the end of fluke season too what a bummer :(

So my issue started when I was out in the water and went to go turn my rudder and heard a snap (which was the rudder control line snapping) . I did panic for a few as I was pretty far out so I tried to turn the boat and might have over turned the steering. So I get back to shore bring it home open the back plate for the rudder control cables and see that one is broken , so I replaced some of the line and reconnected it back to the rudder control.

It seems like even with the patch I am still having issues, all pulleys are clear but not sure if I messed up the actual steering controls. I was wondering what the next step would be ? can I take apart the handle and controls on the left side of the boat ? Should I rerun all steering control lines? Does Hobie have any pictures or charts of what the internals should look like in the 2017 Pro Angler?

Stressing so much, I would take it to get repaired but have no way to get it to a certified repair shop.