Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 11:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Does Hobie make a pontoon stabilizer system for Pro Angler 14s? And if not, what other options are available? I want this primarily for sailing - some distance travel and some trolling under sail. I may also use it for standup fishing/sighting fish in shallow water.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:08 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

dclark485 wrote:
Does Hobie make a pontoon stabilizer system for Pro Angler 14s? And if not, what other options are available? I want this primarily for sailing - some distance travel and some trolling under sail. I may also use it for standup fishing/sighting fish in shallow water.

I just got on the site for other reasons and saw your post. I have no idea if they make pontoons for the PA but I can tell you I've sailed my PA 12 in gusty winds (inland not in the ocean... 10 to 15 mph approx) and the boat with the drop down keel does not need stabilizers. I've sailed my Revo 13 as well and it definitely needs them but I don't think you do in the ProAngler. Anyway, that's one opinion for you ... good luck.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 1:08 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am new to kayaking and just picked up a new PA14 yesterday. I am man size at 340 and no kayak is stable for me. I rolled it yesterday. I also have a hole in both eardrums so I am paying the price for it today. I ordered the Scotty stabilizer kit today and picked up 2 of the Scotty H_Rail mounts so I hopefully won't have to drill. I get it on the 7th of June so I will let you know how it works out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I received the scotty stabilizer kit early and was able to try it out yesterday. It makes it quite a bit more stable. I've ordered scotty extensions so I can put the pontoons out another foot in hopes I feel comfortable standing.