Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:26 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Last August I ordered and paid full price for a Mirage Tandem Island Kayak. At the time, I was told It should arrive in February. As February passed I was very excited to receive my new kayak only to find out that it has not arrived yet. Later I was assured it would arrive in June. Again I was excited to begin the summer with a new kayak. It did not arrive in June either. Then I was told it should be here in a month or two. Summers are short up here in Montana, the water tends to harden in October making boating impossible unless you have an icebreaker. It has been almost a year since I ordered this kayak.

I wonder if a second summer will pass before I get this boat?

Has anyone out there had the same experience?

Has anyone ordered a Tandem Island Kayak after last August and received your kayak yet?

If this is happening to everyone I can't help but wonder if Hobie may be going out of business?

Those of you who work for Hobie, can you help me get this kayak soon and give me a definite time of delivery before ice up?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Certainly not going out of business!

Overwhelmed with sales and having supply chain issues though. I know our local dealers in San Diego has been getting Tandems delivered, so they are flowing again. Stay in touch with your dealer.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm glad you are not going out of business. I run a retail business myself and if it took me a year to deliver I would be out of business.If you are making everyone wait a year or more for our boats I don't see how you can stay in business.
I have been in touch with my supplier throughout this year and they aren't getting accurate information from Hobie. It is time for me to get straight answers from the source! How much longer is it going to take for you to deliver the kayak I paid for a year ago?
Were those orders in San Diego placed before or after my order #S0086003000329 place on 08/25/21?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

That would be a sales ticket with the dealer... not something in our system either. The dealer has the best contacts in our sales department. I can't access that information. I have no information about orders or status, unfortunately. I just handle parts and accessories.

The San Diego dealer is one of the larger dealers in the country and buys a LOT of boats.

We have been shipping tons of products all along... Very high shipping volumes... just issues with some of the products. I believe aluminum has been a major factor in Island delays.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)