Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:44 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello All,
I have become an owner of a Hobie 14 this summer. Have had a lot of fun already on Lake Erie this summer but just when we really started moving along this weekend one of my shrouds broke. Nobody got hurt but it was a lesson of "I knew better than to trust the old rigging"
Anyways my friend has a wrecked Hobie 14 Turbo that he's letting me have for parts. Once I got it home I realized its frame/trampoline area is just a few inches bigger than mine. I was planning on just switiching the rigging and deck frame, trampoline with all the jib tracks and hardware onto my 14. Also I noticed the rigging is longer than mine and the mast has a bigger chainplate. Looks like the shrouds attach to the hulls not to the side bars like my 14.
SO looks like an easy swap wont work I'll I need to do is make up some new shrouds for my 14 but I sure would have liked to rig it up with this jib setup.
Any input/help/advice is greatly appreciated~!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:24 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

As far a I know, the basic H14 Turbo dimensions are identical to the standard H14. From what you describe, it sounds like your friend might have given you an H16 rather than an H14 Turbo. On the trailer, they are a little hard to tell apart without a tape measure.