Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

How can i replace the lower roller unit? I can figure out how to get it out without haveing to drill the rivits and remove the traveler track. I need help so any is greatly appriciated.

http://www.hobiecat.com/support/images/ ... h1603b.jpg

Shows the part that is farked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:55 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

To replace a traveller car more easily. I ground or filed down one of the corner castings just enough to get the travellers on and off. You do not have to go down to match the bottom of the traveller track to accomplish this. The rollers are only about 1/2 the height of the track. After you replace with the new traveller tie a knot in the line that stops the traveller a couple of inches short of sliding off. I would bet that if this knot was in place for the time the boat was on the water that the traveller would not have broken. Banging into the corner casting is a way to break a traveller car in short order.

Later,
Dan+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I replaced the roller buy drilling out the rivets on the end of the track and prying the track up, worked great. I dont think grinding down a corner casting is a smart idea. I purchased the boat with bent rollers not a cracked travel car, I have no idea how one could bend the rollers othere than having suff in the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:33 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Rugdoc wrote:
I replaced the roller buy drilling out the rivets on the end of the track and prying the track up, worked great. I dont think grinding down a corner casting is a smart idea. I purchased the boat with bent rollers not a cracked travel car, I have no idea how one could bend the rollers othere than having suff in the track.
Drilling out a few rivets is the way to go. Just make sure you've got new rivets that will be flush with the track.