Perspectives de carrière
Hobie Cat Company, Oceanside, California
Hobie Cat Company is accepting applications for the positions described below. Interested applicants should email a résumé/CV, cover letter, and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, adding the position applied for in the “Subject” field of your email.
No open positions at this time.
Production Technician, Assembly – Job Description
Non-Exempt, $11.75 per Hour
M-Th, 6am-4:30pm (4 x 10’s)
We are looking for a capable Production Technician to support our Assembly Department in producing a variety of heavy duty plastic products. The Production Technician will use a variety of power and hand tools to assemble and package kayaks, standup paddle boards and small catamarans. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Utilize hand and power tools to assemble kayaks, stand up paddle boards and small catamarans
- Regularly lift and move heavy equipment, up to 50+ lbs
- Inspect products for defects, irregularities or damages
- Organize and clean manufacturing space daily
- Move and store outgoing inventory items appropriately
- Abide by all company safety regulations
- All other duties as assigned
- Prior manufacturing, construction or applicable experience preferred
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, and industrial equipment safely
- Team player with high work ethic and crafting skills
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects up to 50lbs regularly and up to 100+lbs with assistance
- Bilingual preferred
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be authorized to work in the US with proper documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves standing, walking and lifting more than 50 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This full-time position follows a state approved alternative work week schedule, working four, standard ten hour shifts. Overtime is accrued after the 10th hour of work in a day.
Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with matching
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- Generous Employee Discount
About the Company
Hobie’s dream was born in his parents’ garage in 1950, when Hobie decided to apply his love of woodworking to the sport of surfing. Since 1950, Hobie has been in the business of shaping a unique lifestyle based around water, fun and quality products. From their headquarters in California, Hobie Cat Company and its global subsidiaries produce an impressive collection of innovative watercraft for worldwide distribution. In addition to the surfboards and sailboats for which they are well-known, Hobie Cat also offers stand-up-paddle boards, kayaks, and boats for both recreation and fishing.
Hobie Cat Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.