1. You can stand up paddle ANYWHERE in the world! We reside in the desert, and we can still find many places to SUP.
2. It’s a TOTAL body workout. You have over 600 muscles. It is easy to work a majority of them, safely, in a low-impact way. Especially your facial muscles, as I am certain it will infuse happiness into your life and you will not help but smile!
3. You can’t SUP while texting. When I do not have my phone, I enjoy the world all around in so much more detail. The quality moments with other paddlers are also enhanced. It is a welcome respite from ALL technology.
4. The human connection. You have the potential to meet your spouse or amazing new friends… I did!
5. Stand up paddling is family friendly. Your children, mom, dad, and grandma can join in. It is that easy to learn. It is fun for ALL ABILITIES. Even your pets can tag along.
6. Stand up paddleboards are manageable watercraft. You can adventure where a boat may not be able to get to. Plus, it is really easy to transport and store.
7. You can view wildlife in a whole different (and safe) way. I’ve seen bald eagles, ospreys, bighorn sheep, bobcats, and coyotes while paddling from my SUP. I love seeing wildlife while paddling by!
8. Detachment. You get to enjoy the freedom to just float, you and your board.
9. Variety. There are so many types and sizes of boards, places to paddle, and reasons to paddle. Leisure, fitness, touring, racing, river running, and adventures. Stand up paddling will forever keep you stimulated as your activity for life.
10. SUP Holidays. We love to spend most holidays outside near water, sharing traditions with family or friends. Each year on Thanksgiving we gather with a potluck turkey dinner at our favorite lake, and it is one of our favorite things to do.
11. Stand up paddleboards are functional and versatile. They have a chameleon effect. You can take inflatable SUPs with you on a trip, or use them as sleeping pads out in the wild. I used my red Venture as a coffee table, and they also can be beautiful fine art, mounted in any room in your home, always to be admired!
12. My husband Nate’s favorite reason? Stand up paddleboards can be tiny exploration vehicles. They will continue to be as long as we live.